Birthday weekend


i am turning 44 on sunday... 44!!! 


44 things i've learnt so far: 

1. being creative can be incredibly healing & soothing
 2. following my guts takes me on amazing, interesting adventures
3. it's ok to be happy with a quiet life 
4. paying attention is key to my inspiration 
5. i'm a loner 
6. my mind is far too busy 
7. being insatiably curious is a wonderful quality 
8. aging is not for sissies' 
9. i cannot get enough "arting" time 
10. i LOVE mon Laviste 
11. nature is where i recharge 
12. exploring (ideas, places, techniques) is my greatest joy 
13. writing in my journal allows the day
to flow, gets rid of jamming thoughts, shuts my lizard up
 14.there is still so much i want to figure out & do 
15. connecting deeply with people makes my heart sing 
 16. so does chocolate 
17. i cannot walk out of an art supply store, a hardware store or a stationary shop empty handed 
18. living by the ocean is a gift, every day  
19. i'm a tea snob 
20. happiness is an inside job 
21. being gentle with myself is far more constructive than self berating 
22. i have commitment issues 
23. yoga works for me, on so many levels 
24. carrying a camera makes me look differently, more thoroughly 
25. so far i've been too scared to paint a self portrait 
26. i have a very strange & complicated relationship with time 
27. in life there are really good days, dull days & really bad days… they all pass 
28. i will never stop drinking coffee 
29. being kind is always a better choice than wanting to be right 
30. i cannot read a manual or follow instructions 
31. i learn by doing  
32. i love learning
 34. the little girl  inside of me will always be there
  35. a deep, meaningful women gathering is the best therapy 
36. having Pax in my life is a treat everyday
 37. becoming an artist is the steepest learning curve i've ever tackled
 38. some days i feel like i'm from another planet 
39. i don't believe in coincidence 
40. i've always thought age brings wisdom… not necessarily 
41. there is a time for seeking inspiration outside (looking at other artist's art, searching the net, going to exhibitions) & then there is a time to close it all down, go inside & find my own story
 42. i will never stop buying books or photography material 
43. my home is my sanctuary 
44. i am here now, deeply grateful.

5 comments:

  1. Oh Anne.. I am grateful of your wonderful sharing of your 44 things.. But more I am grateful to have you in my life. Despite the distance we are so close.
    Beautiful list.. Congrats!! You are (almost) 44 and so rayonnante in the world. I love you my friend❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow Anne. Really beautiful and really moving. So much of it resonates. Thank you. Have a wonderful birthday XXX

      Delete
  2. 44 seems like a super cool number! I'm so glad for number 3 and 5: it makes me feel less alien and weird, knowing I'm not alone with this way of life.
    Caro hit the nail on the head: you are RAYONNANTE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shew! That was beautiful sharing! Thanks Anne. Have a beautiful day....lots and lots of love!

    ReplyDelete