Modern Monk Inspiration




Philippe Starck: French product designer

"I am sort of a modern monk.
 My wife and I have a collection of cabins in the middle of
 nowhere, and we stay out of everything. 
We don't go to dinners. We don't go to cocktails. We don't go to movies. We don't watch TV.
 I don't use my energy on other people. I just work and read.
 I live with myself in front of my white page.
 Making my own biorhythm: work three hours, sleep 45 minutes, work three hours, sleep 45 minutes, for 24 hours, without eating. 
It's a little sick. 
But I'm like Dr. Faust. I signed a contract with the devil to sell my life for creativity. 
I never collaborate - not because I don't like other people but because I am not able to do it. 
I'm one of the fastest organic computers on the market, but I need to be alone."

photo via
more here

No comments:

Post a Comment