my word

i found my word for 2014... 
it feels like a big word. 


authentic, authenticity:
- real or genuine;
- in existentialism authenticity is the degree to which one is true to one's own
personality, spirit, or character, despite external pressures; 
- concerns the truthfulness of origins, attributions, commitments, sincerity 
devotion and intentions;
- in philosophy: to be faithful to internal rather than external ideas;
- expressive authenticity in art: how much the work possesses original or inherent authority, 
how much sincerity, genuineness of expression, and moral passion the artist
puts into the work.

BIG... at least for me.
time to show up, uncover, discover, find the truth, unleash, 
be the truth, tell the truth... 

while i was working through Susannah Conway's workbook 
i had a few other potential words
and then on that day i received this Truthbomb
by Danielle Laporte in my inbox: 


that sealed it, 
authenticity was going to be my word for 2014

oh and one more synchronicity/confirmation: 
this came into my life too.
it shall be my guideline, 
my reminder:

"...i understood that i owed it to myself, to everyone i met, and to life itself 
to always be an expression of my own unique essence. 
trying to be anything or anyone else didn't make me better - it just deprived me of my true self! 
it kept others from experiencing me for who i am, 
and it deprived me of interacting authentically with them. 
being inauthentic also deprives the universe of who i came here to be 
and what i came here to express." 

Anita Moorjani - Dying to be Me

No comments:

Post a Comment